Friday 1 December 2017

Critical Reflection on Effective Communication


When I attended the first lesson of effective communication, I set certain goals that I wish to achieve at the end of the module. I wish that I can improve my communication skills and brush up on my writing skills. 12 weeks into the module, we have completed several assignments. For reader response and technical report, I have learnt the technique of paraphrasing and summarizing the sources that I found online to use them for my reference.

I realised it is an important point that we must read the entire article so that we are able to understand fully what is the message the author was trying to relay to the readers. By learning how to paraphrase and summarize the article, we can allow readers to understand the author’s intentions concisely.
The best way to improve English is to keep on practising it practically and technically. While working on my drafts for the assignments, I have learnt to check on my work regularly to spot for grammar mistakes and sentence phrasing. In the process, I felt that my writing skills have improved significantly.

With regards to my formal presentation, I received many constructive feedbacks which will prove beneficial in grooming me to become a better presenter in the future. Being a good presenter possesses 2 important traits; confidence and not relying on the script but presenting information that flows from your thoughts instead.


All in all, effective communication has cultivated me into becoming a better person as we get to work with different people with different work style which in turn makes me be adaptable to changes. I am grateful for all the lessons taught by my peers and professors and the help that I have received throughout the module. As the module has come to an end, I will continue to work hard on the aspects that are needed to be polished looking forward to presenting a better side of me in the future. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Xun Qi, for this detailed reflection on areas that you consider invaluable in terms of module learning. I'm happy to note that you feel you've improved in areas such as summarizing and presenting.

    All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. Russian course in hong kong

    ReplyDelete

Critical Reflection on Effective Communication

When I attended the first lesson of effective communication, I set certain goals that I wish to achieve at the end of the module. I wish ...